Book Title: FLORIDA TEST PREP Language & Editing FSA Quiz Book Grade 3: Preparation for the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform
Author: Test Master Press Florida
Matches the 2017-2018 Florida standards!
This workbook will develop all the language skills that students in Florida need and help prepare students for the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). It includes revising and editing exercises that require students to apply language skills, as well as quizzes that focus on the language skills that Florida students are expected to have. Section 1: Revising and Editing Quizzes
- 20 individual quizzes test editing and revising skills
- Allows students to apply language skills in context
- Prepares students for the language and editing tasks on the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
- Questions cover errors in grammar, usage, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling Section 2: Language, Vocabulary, and Grammar Quizzes
- Individual quizzes allow students to focus specifically on each language skill
- Covers both the language skills and the reading foundational skills described in the Language Arts Florida Standards (LAFS)
- Covers all the language skills that may be assessed by editing tasks on the state tests
- Develops the vocabulary skills assessed as part of reading comprehension tasks Preparing for the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA)
In 2014-2015, Florida introduced new state tests to replace the FCAT 2.0 assessments. These are the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA).
Language and vocabulary skills are assessed on the test in two ways. The test includes language and editing tasks where students read short passages and identify errors or opportunities for improvement. These tasks make up between 15 and 25 percent of the questions. Language and vocabulary skills are also assessed as part of the reading comprehension tasks, with some of the questions following passages covering language and vocabulary use.
This book will prepare students for both types of questions, as well as ensure that students have the specific language skills that are assessed.